The ICCA Consortium will hold an Extraordinary General Assembly (EGA), in Montréal, Canada, on June 30, 2018.
This EGA will take place within a series of events to be held in Montreal. The provisional agenda of this series of events can be found here.
The preliminary agenda of the EGA includes the following topics:
- Review and approval of the gender policy for the ICCA Consortium
- Review of progress on “No-go for destructive developments in ICCAs” policy
- New Consortium work on the theme of ICCAs & sustainable livelihoods
- The ongoing Regionalization process and forthcoming “regional assemblies”
- Advice about “inclusive conservation” as provided by the Consortium to WWF International—key issues at stake and potential evolution
- Review of SAFE initiative and MoU with FoEI (Friends of the Earth International)
- Review of progress on the new membership policy and report on controversial cases
- Treasurer’s report – final statement for 2017 and considerations about the on-going year and fundraising efforts.
- Search committee for new President, Secretary, and Global Coordinator (as of 2020).
- Eventual election of new members of the Council
- Plans for the forthcoming General Assembly
- Change of physical address of the ICCA Consortium