Are you passionate about supporting Indigenous peoples and communities and collective action for environmental and social justice? Do you have proven skills in administration? We’re hiring a part-time or full-time Administration Assistant and you might be the person we’re seeking!
The ICCA Consortium is a global, membership-based network that promotes appropriate recognition and support for territories and areas conserved by Indigenous peoples and local communities (ICCAs—territories of life) at the local, national, regional, and global levels. We are seeking a part-time or full-time Administration Assistant to join our expanding team and provide administrative support. The successful applicant is expected to begin as soon as possible and can be based anywhere with a suitable working environment.
In collaboration with and under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager, the Administration Assistant will provide administrative support to:
- projects and initiatives of the ICCA Consortium;
- help monitor and ensure compliance with taxation requirements and any other relevant financial laws and regulations in Switzerland;
- help ensure compliance with Association registration requirements in Switzerland;
- strengthen the human resources system, including recruitment, contracting and payroll, internal control, coordination, evaluation and reporting, monitoring and wellbeing;
- various aspects of grant proposals, monitoring, and reporting, ensuring compliance and fulfillment of agreements with donors and partners; and
- other ad hoc tasks reasonably related to the function of Administration Assistant.
This is an engaging, dynamic, and multi-faceted role that requires strong and diverse skills, capacities, and attributes. Download the call for applications for more information.
We invite applications to be submitted by 4 July 2021 (23:59 CET) to the ICCA Consortium’s Programme Manager at sarah [at] iccaconsortium [dot] org. Applications must include the following:
- A cover letter;
- A curriculum vitae; and
- Contact details of at least two referees willing to be contacted.
Applications must be submitted in English. Only complete applications will be considered.
The ICCA Consortium celebrates cultural and human diversity and actively strives to be an inclusive organization in terms of gender, sexual orientation, origin, race, age, language, social position, way of life, disability, or religious, spiritual, ideological, or political convictions. We provide a welcoming and open environment for all who are motivated to collaborate with us to achieve our mission. Members of Indigenous peoples and local communities and/or individuals from Latin America, Africa, Asia, and the Pacific are particularly encouraged to apply.