There are several ways to join the ICCA Consortium, depending on who you are and what you are willing to do! The Consortium wholeheartedly welcomes new Members and support from non-members.
Are you an organization or federation representing one or more indigenous peoples or local communities? Are you an NGO working with indigenous peoples and local communities, wishing to achieve greater recognition and support for ICCAs? If so, you may wish to become a Member in full standing. To begin that process, please follow these steps:
- Review the Statutes and Operational Guidelines of the Consortium and verify that your organization complies with Members’ requirements. Notice that you do not need to be a formal organization (legally registered and recognized), and that you can also apply as an informal or customary organization.
- – If you directly represent an indigenous people or a local community custodian of an ICCA, you do not need to fill an application form. It is sufficient that you write a formal letter to the Consortium President and Chair of the Membership Committee explaining what you do for your ICCA and why you would like to join the Consortium . Please add in copy the Global Coordinator and the Programme Assistant.
– If you are an NGO that fits the description of an acceptable member (please check the criteria in the following membership form), please write a formal letter as explained above, and attach to it the Membership Form, (click here to download it in Word) which you should kindly complete by answering the questions and adding links and/or supporting documentation wherever possible.
- Upon receipt, your request will be reviewed by the Membership Committee and passed on to the Consortium’s membership at large. The current Members have 30 days to raise any questions or express any doubts they may have. If no issue is raised, your organization will be welcomed as a full Member.
- Membership fees can be made by bank transfer (preferred and encouraged), in cash or in-kind. Effective 2017, the cost of membership is:
· CHF200/US$200/Euro200 per annum for international organisations.
· CHF100/US$100/Euro100 per annum for national organisations.
· CHF50/US$50/Euro50 per annum for local organisations.
Please find the entire list of Consortium members here.
The ICCA Consortium Honorary members are individuals with special expertise on ICCAs, who are nominated by a Member of the Consortium, another Honorary member, a Steering Committee, or a member of the Secretariat.
Do you want to support the Consortium’s work, without becoming a full Member?
Your participation is welcome! Please follow these steps:
Contact us directly through our contact page, or contact the coordinator in your region. You will receive information on the Consortium’s members and honorary members who are working near you. You may have the option of joining a working group on ICCAs, becoming part of another relevant network, or simply getting to know more about the topic!