From 2-3 December, 2019, the XVth General Assembly of the ICCA Consortium will take place in Udaipur, Rajasthan, India.
It will be preceded by the ICCA Consortium South Asia regional assembly and a field visit to local ICCAs, then followed by planning and capacity building events and ICCA Consortium meetings of the Council and Secretariat.
You can find the draft of the overall agenda here.
The draft agenda of the General Assembly will be available soon.
Follow the GA remotely:
If you cannot be there in person, please connect to the Zoom link that will broadcast the meeting live:
The meeting will be broadcast in the original language (mostly English).
Renewal of the Council
The General Assembly of Udaipur will include the examination of a number of nominations for Council, including for the positions listed here below. Nominations for all the positions are open and you are warmly encouraged to submit them to the Programme Manager as soon as possible.
The General Assembly normally elects or reconfirms the members of the Council every three years. No member can serve in the same position for more than three consecutive terms. Nominations can be made by a minimum of two existing Consortium Members in good standing and/ or two members of the existing Council and/or a Member in good standing and a member of the Council. A formal communication should be made to the Consortium’s Programme Manager at least two weeks before the foreseen date of the General Assembly and shall be accompanied by a brief CV of the proposed individual (1500 characters, including spaces) stressing ICCA-related experience and commitment, and a communication of the nominee’s acceptance to serve. Kindly find more information in the relevant section of our Operational Guidelines.
- Secretary of Council (Grazia BF has reached the end of her three consecutive terms)
- Treasurer (Vololona R. has expressed the desire to vacate her role)
- Chair of the Policy and Programme Committee (Patricia M. needs to leave her position for personal reasons)
- Chair of the Membership Committee (Aili P. has expressed the desire to change her role)
- Two Members with special responsibility for Theme on Sustaining territories of life (Theme co-chairs)
- Member with special responsibility for Northern Africa
- Member with special responsibility for Central Africa (Dominique Bikaba is currently playing the role ad interim in continuity with a prior different role in Council)
- Member with special responsibility for West and Central Asia and the Caucasus
- Member with special responsibility for South Asia (Aman Singh is expected to move on as Chair of the Membership Committee, and the forthcoming Regional Assembly in Udaipur will recommend a candidate to the GA)
- Member with special responsibility for South Cone. including Southern Brazil (Jorge Nahuel has reached the end of his three consecutive terms)
- Member with special responsibility for Australia and New Zealand (Emma Lee needed to resign for personal reasons in 2018)
- Member with special responsibility for Circumpolar Northern Europe and Russia
- Member with special responsibility for Alaska and Circumpolar Northern Canada
- Member with special responsibility for sub-polar parts of Canada and USA, and English-speaking Meso -and South America and the Caribbean
- Member with special responsibility for Western, Central and Eastern Europe
- Auditor of Accounts.
- Member with special responsibility for West and Central Asia and the Caucasus: Aibek Samakov. He is currently playing the role ad interim, as he was nominated by the relevant Regional Assembly in June 2019.
- Secretary of Council: Dr Aili Pyhälä
- Treasurer: Dr Colin Scott
- Chair of the Membership Committee: Aman Singh
- Chair of Policy and Programme Committee: Mihanta Tsiorisoa Bakoliarimisa
Featured image (c) Krapavis